Due to „popular demand“ 😉 I added a quite historic project to my blog. The PID upgrade of my Rancilio Silvia espresso machine.
As described in my project page, I started to upgrade my Anet A8 to proper aluminium extrusions.
I started with my intial build:
A little time ago I remixed the original mid piece of the Z carriage to support 3-point-leveling.
I epoxy glued the mid piece to the outer pieces to increas rigidity. Iam using it now since a few weeks and it works like a charm.
You can download the file on thingiverse:
The original design was created by russiancatfood. All credits goes to him.
I had some time to do my „final“ adjustments to my VORON. The black boxes in the back annoyed me, so (as anounced) I replaced it with a sheet of plywood and mounted there my controller stuff.
Additionally I replaced the part cooling fan duct by my own design, now i can use a silent 60mm SUNON axial fan. I published the custom fan duct on thingyverse: