This weekend in finished the mechanical part of the upgrade of my Anet A8 to to the aluminium AM8.
Next step is finishing the electrical installation and setting up the firmware.
As described in my project page, I started to upgrade my Anet A8 to proper aluminium extrusions.
I started with my intial build:
A little time ago I remixed the original mid piece of the Z carriage to support 3-point-leveling.
I epoxy glued the mid piece to the outer pieces to increas rigidity. Iam using it now since a few weeks and it works like a charm.
You can download the file on thingiverse:
The original design was created by russiancatfood. All credits goes to him.
I had some time to do my „final“ adjustments to my VORON. The black boxes in the back annoyed me, so (as anounced) I replaced it with a sheet of plywood and mounted there my controller stuff.
Additionally I replaced the part cooling fan duct by my own design, now i can use a silent 60mm SUNON axial fan. I published the custom fan duct on thingyverse:
It took some time but iam finished with my VORON build. Just wanted to show the current state of build.
Iam not quite happy with the cable managment. I will probably buy myself a sheet of wood and put it on the backside of the VORON and attach to the sheet all the electrical stuff.
Lets see what the future brings 🙂